Search for content in message boards

Susan HUMPHREY

Replies: 5

Re: Susan HUMPHREY

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 3:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Polly, Humphrey
Thanks for sending me the link. I've just started looking at the Polly family in Orleans and saw Elsie Polly's name as the wife of Henry Humphrey. I don't know anything more about the Humphreys at this point. Sorry.

Daniel Polly, Elsie's father, was I believe the brother of my 4ggrandfather Hiram Polly/Polley. Their father, I believe, was Prosper Polly who was born in Lebanon CT and moved to Lenox, Berkshire, MA. He served in the Revolutionary War and was a deputy sheriff of Berkshire Co.

Prosper bought land along with several other investors in the Phelps and Gorham Purchase. He was living in Onondaga, Onondaga in the 1800 census.

It's been very difficult to tie Hiram and Daniel to Prosper Polly. There's circumstantial evidence, but I haven't found any birth records. The only birth records in Lenox that I can find for Prosper and his wife Sarah (she is buried in the Polly/Locust Grove cemetery in Monroe Co, near Clarendon) are for Ruth, Salla and Ebenezer. Ruth married Heli Foote. They lived in Deerfield, Oneida NY and Ruth moved to Freedom, Cattaraugus, NY where she died.

If you would like me to send more detailed information on the Pollys, such as dates, please let me know. I'm writing this from memory as I don't have my research handy and they haven't been entered in my database yet.

Barbara
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JaneIrishNels... 14 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
barbara15 13 Apr 2013 5:44AM GMT 
JaneIrishNels... 13 Apr 2013 5:12PM GMT 
barbara15 13 Apr 2013 9:51PM GMT 
barbara15 20 Apr 2013 12:46AM GMT 
JaneIrishNels... 20 Apr 2013 6:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic