Search for content in message boards

Timothy Henry Edward Harrington

Replies: 5

Timothy Henry Edward Harrington

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 6:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harrington, Whaley, Brennan
I'm hoping someone out there can help me crack my brick wall. It took me 10 years to get the name of my Lavina Harrington's father correct, and now I can positively say it's because he went by 3 different names. I have little information but can find him in every census in the United States.

In 1850 when Timothy was approximately 30 years old he lived in Volney, Oswego County, NY as a boarder with his wife, Ann.

In 1860 he had my 3rd Great Grandmother Lavina and some other children, again living in Volney, only the name was Harrinton if my memory serves me correctly.

In 1865 He filled out his draft papers under the name Timothy Harrington and was still living in Volney.

In 1870 he was still living in Volney, under the name Edward.

In 1880 he had moved to Geddes, Onondaga County, NY and he is listed as Henry.

His obituary lists the name Timothy Harrington but no other information is given.

When I called about his death to the cemetery they told me next of kin was a John (possibly his son) and a Winifred (new name for me) Harrington. I wasn't surprised to hear John as his daughter, Lavina had married a John Brennan, but since they gave the last name Harrington I do not believe they meant his son in law.

Any help with this family is appreciated.

At one time they lived with the Whaley family in Volney, this family seems to have vanished after the census.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
frncesc2001 20 Jan 2013 1:58PM GMT 
mackdd 28 Jan 2013 2:41AM GMT 
frncesc2001 29 Jan 2013 12:26PM GMT 
frncesc2001 21 Feb 2014 3:47PM GMT 
mackdd 23 Feb 2014 12:36AM GMT 
frncesc2001 23 Feb 2014 6:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions