Posted: 8 Oct 2012 7:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Oct 2012 7:49PM GMT
The back of the photo is numbered "3" at the top left, and reads:

>>>

- Eleanor, age 7 yrs

- Cynthia, age 4 yrs

- Eunice, age 10 yrs

Taken 4th of July, 1930 in the woods a few miles from Mahopac.

Bob

>>>

This B&W sepia-tone photo depicts three very cute and spunky-looking young girls sitting on a fallen tree in dresses, bobby socks and period shoes (Mary Janes or lace-up ankle boots). Eleanor has one hand on her hip and is pointing a toy gun or water gun at the camera.

No surname. I found this photo in a box of my paternal grandmother's old photos. The girls don't appear in any other of those old photos; they don't look like anyone else on that side of the family; and their names don't match up with anyone on either side of my tree. My paternal grandparents are deceased, and my dad and his siblings don't recognize the girls or know who Bob might have been.

I would have to guess that Bob was a friend of the family. Since my father's family lived in Manhattan in 1930, I'd also guess that Bob and the girls also lived in NYC, and were out in Mahopac for the summer or the holiday.

I'd love to reunite this picture with the family members depicted, or their descendants, as well as try to solve the mystery of the girls' identity. (For free, in case anyone's wondering.)
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
semipalmated 9 Oct 2012 1:44AM GMT 
floydsboy 9 Oct 2012 2:32AM GMT 
floydsboy 9 Oct 2012 2:37AM GMT 
floydsboy 9 Oct 2012 3:02AM GMT 
semipalmated 9 Oct 2012 4:20AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions