Abel Merchant of Schodack 1820

Replies: 0

Abel Merchant of Schodack 1820

Posted: 26 May 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 2 Aug 2001 1:41PM GMT
Surnames: Merchant
Vol 6 pg. 395 Rensselaer Co., NY

In the name of God Amen - I - Abel MERCHANT of the Town of Schodack in the county of Rensselaer being of sound and disposing mind and memory (blessed be God) Do make and publish this my last will and Testament in manner following to wit:
Item: I will and direct that all my just debts & funeral charges be paid by my Executors herein after named as soon after my decease as may be.
Item: I give and bequeath unto my son David one hundred dollars to be paid by my Executors out of my personal Estate at the expiration of six months after my decease
Item: I give and bequeath unto my Daughter Prudence Eleven hundred dollars to be paid by my Executors herein after named to my said Daughter Prudence or her legal Representatives at the expiration of on year after my decease.
Item: I give and bequeath unto my son Reuben and his legal representatives one equal undivided third part of all my Estate both real and personal after the payment of my debts and the said legacies.
Item: I give and bequeath unto my son Stephen also, and his to legal representatives one equal undivided third part of all my real and personal Estate after the payment of my debts and the legacies aforesaid.
Item: I give and bequeath unto all the children of my son David as whell (sic) those three which are now in being, as those which may hereafter be born unto him, also, one equal undivided third part of my Estate both real and personal (after the payment of my debts & legacies, interlined before witnesses) to them and their legal representatives to be equally divided among the said Children of my said son David as soon after his decease as may be It is notwithstanding the premises - my will and desire that my said son David shall have the free use and advantage of that portion of my Estate herein before bequeathed unto his children for and during his natural life, but the Creditors of my said son David shall in no wise have the benefit of the privilege hereby given to my son David as to the enjoyment of the said Estate - for - any debts he now owes or hereafter shall contract neither shall any Judgments already obtained or which thereafter may be obtained against my said son David be a lien on the said Estate. hereby bequeathed unto the Children of my said son David, or the interest he may have therein.
Item: I do hereby appoint my sons Reuben & Stephen and my friend Ira Garrison Executors of this my last will and Testament In Witness Whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this twenty fifth day of December in the year one thousand eight hundred and twenty.
Abel MERCHANT (L.S.)

Signed sealed Published and declared by the Testator as his last will & testament in the presence of each of us & at the same time subscribed by as as witnesses in the presence of the testator and of each other.
Thomas Hitchcock
Samuel Hitchcock
B. Van Vlech

[Abel died 26 Dec 1820]

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions