Search for content in message boards

Coon, Joseph

Replies: 2

Coon, Joseph

Posted: 29 Jan 2001 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 9:56AM GMT
Surnames: Coon, Odel, Birch, Peirce, Lebarron
The Last Will and Testament of Joseph Coon, deceased, with probate thereof Recorded 10th April 1821. In the name of God Amen I Joseph Coon of Hoosick in the County of Rensselaer of State of New York, being weak in body but of sound and perfect mind and memory thanks be to God for the same do make and publish this ... last Will and Testament in manner and form following that is to say ... just debts and funeral charges are all fully paid by my Executors named I give and bequeath unto my well beloved wife Elenor ... bedding one cow and four sheep and her maintenance out ... estate as long as she remains my widow and the remainder ... which may be at the time of my decease I will should be sold at public sale and the proceeds thereof to be disposed of as herein after mentioned. I further give and devise(?) to my son William Coon his heirs and assignees forever the farm on which I now live in the town of Hoosick aforesaid which is bounded as follows, that is to say South by lend belonging to the heirs of~onathan Coon deceased. East by land conveyed by the said Joseph Coon to John Coon(?) North by land belonging to Gypsum Sprague and John Cronkhite ... James Brown and west by land conveyed by the said Joseph Coon to Peter Coon and contains by estimation one hundred and sixty acres of land more or less he the said William Coon paying to my Executors within two years after my decease the sum of five hundred dollars for the benefit of my heirs. I also give and bequeath unto my two sons Jonathan Coon and Peter Coon the sum on one dollar cash in addition to what their heirs had out of my estate and the remainder of my personal estate after the above gifts grants and bequests and reasonable charges are satisfied and paid I give and bequeath the same to my wife Elenor and to my five daughters (viz) Anna Odel Susannah Birch Margaret Peirce Jemima Lebarron Meins(?) Lebarron to be equally divided among them except one dollar I give and bequeath to my son John Coon. all which gifts grants and bequests ... full and entire settlement of my estate I will should be done and performed by true and trusty friends James Brown Daniel Case and Jarak(?) Baker each of the said town of Hoosick whom I hereby appoint Executors to this my last Will and Testament. I hereby revoke all former and other wills by me made hereby notifying and confirming this and this only to be my last will and Testament. In Witness whereof I have herewith set my hand and seal at Hoosick this first day of December in the year of our Lord One thousand eight hundred and ten. Signed Sealed published and delared by the above named Joseph Coon to be his last Will nd testament in the presence of us who have hereunto subscribed named as itriesses in the presence of the testator.
(Signed) John Baker Jonatha~i Mosler Joab Guile Shearman Baker

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wb8crz 29 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Barb_Durfee 4 Nov 2001 9:55PM GMT 
valorie 22 Sep 2004 1:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions