Search for content in message boards

BIRNEY from Troy, NY

Replies: 1

Re: BIRNEY from Troy, NY

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 3:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear mccormick09, my name is Mark Luce, I live in Europe; my mother is Marguerite Ann Luce (Lowe), she is one of four daughters of Marguerite A. Lowe (Birney) who was one of two sisters of Helen Marie Collins (Birney) your great grandmother. I have a lot of info on this; my cousin Nancy (Preston) Oram (her mom and my mom were sisters) has done a lot of research (which I started) and did all of the work putting together a very nice genealogy history in hard copy form with a lot of photos but I intend to put it all in digital file form for posting online and exchanging with people like you; mine and Nancy's grandmother was Marguerite A. Lowe (Birney) 1902 – 1972 who was married to Francis (Frank) Lowe and her sister Agnes Gillie (Birney) 1908 – 1969 was our great aunt whose 2nd husband John Gillie was killed in WWII and her only son Bernard (Sonny) died at 20 years of age in 1951 of a bad heart and as children we spent a good deal of time with her and referred to her as Aunt Agnes; David Birney 1897 - ? was our great uncle but I'm not sure about his timeline yet, I have no memory of him - I think he married late in life and I also think childless; your great grandmother Helen Marie Collins (Birney) who I knew as aunt Marie I recall only meeting her once when I was quite young; there was something definitely going on between the three Birney girls Marguerite (my grandmother), Helen (your great grandmother) and Agnes and I have information on that, I have a photo of my grandmother Marguerite with your great grandmother when they were very young girls; I have photos and birth/death certificates of their mother and father – David A. Birney 1873 – 1951 and Agnes J. (Sullivan) Birney 1874 – 1950; anyway if you'd like, you can contact me here or on Facebook under http://www.facebook.com/mark.raymond.luce or at my email address mark.raymond.luce@gmail.com – I'd love to be in touch with you, so let's see what we can do about this, I would like to have as much information as possible about the Collins side of the Birney genealogy . Kind regards, Mark Luce
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mccormick09 30 Mar 2010 2:58AM GMT 
MarkRaymondLu... 30 Dec 2012 10:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions