Ingraham-Quinlan family

Replies: 0

Ingraham-Quinlan family

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 4:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jun 2013 3:57PM GMT
Surnames: Quinlan
In my research of my Quinlan family, I found what may be my
paternal Great-Grandfather, Michael Quinlan. Under the name of Michael Quinland, he is listed with the Francis Ingraham family in 1850, Pittstown, Rensselaer County, New York, with the same misspelling of Quinlan as Quinland, with the same age range, and birth in Ireland as an 1855 Newburgh, Orange County, New York state census had for my Michael Quinlan who is confirmed as my Great-Grandfather, which lists him as only living in Orange County, for four years.

The handwritten 1850 federal census form for Rensselaer is difficult to read. Does any one have any information that this Ingraham family was related to any Quinlan or McConnell [Michael's wife Rosa's maiden surname] family?

Michael married Rosa McConnell about 1851 or 1852. No marriage record has been found for them in Newburgh, Orange County, New York where they lived when their two older sons were born in 1853 and 1857.

Michael Quinlan left New York for Missouri before the 1860 Hannibal, Missouri federal census. Michael and Rosa McConnell Quinlan died near and were buried in Mexico, Audrain County, Missouri, in 1904 and 1901, respectively.

Find a board about a specific topic