Search for content in message boards

Help with a Lewis Douglas please

Replies: 0

Help with a Lewis Douglas please

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 9:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Douglass, Taylor, Fellows, Reeves, Place
Hi,
I need help with a Lewis Douglas who was living in Bath, NY in/around 1854 pretty please.
I am not sure how he is related to Peleg Douglas (1782-1854) - he could be a brother of a son.

Peleg's will only lists three daughters, Elizabeth REEVES, Laura PLACE and Ann FELLOWS.
I think Alfred is a son too, he's born in the same timeframe and two of the three daughters named a son Alfred (the other didn't have a son)

I checked the 1850 & 1860 censuses in Steuben county for Lewis Douglas and Douglas Lewis and came up empty

I didn't find anything on him on the Steuben genweb site, suggestions on where to find info on him?
thanks
Julie

Lewis DOUGLASS of Bath, in the county of Steuben, in the state of New York

Evening Journal (Albany, NY)
The People of the state of New York to Roxana TAYLOR, wife of Levi? TAYLOR, of Sherman, in the county of Chautauqua and the State of New York; Ann FELLOWS, wife of Daniel FELLOWS, of Clymer, in the county and state aforesaid: Laura PLACE, wife of William PLACE, of Woodhull, Shiawassee County, and state of Michigan: Betsey REEVES, wife of Daniel REEVES, of Laporte, county of Laporte and state of Indiana; Alfred J. DOUGLASS, of Covington in the county of Tioga and state of Pennsylvania; Lewis DOUGLASS of Bath, in the county of Steuben, in the state of New York, heirs and next of kin of Peleg DOUGLASS late of the town of Clymer, in the county of Chautauqua, deceased:

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions