Search for content in message boards

Abner Bacon (1775-1828)

Replies: 0

Abner Bacon (1775-1828)

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 11:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for my ancestor, Abner Bacon. He was residing at Jasper, Steuben County, N. Y. at the time of his death October 21, 1828 at Caneadea, Allegany County, N.Y. His probate records (dated 1829) are on file in Steuben County and bear the signatures of his wife, Barbara and sons, Ira Bacon and Willard Bacon. These documents also bear the signatures of a son in-law, George Martin Jr. and an Oren/Oran Bacon (don't know who he was). Family sources indicate that Abner Bacon (1775-1828) was married in 1800 at Broome Co., N.Y. to Barbara Councilman (1790-1857) and they had 13 children: Ira Bacon, Rhoda Bacon (Mrs. George Hovey), Elizabeth Bacon (Mrs. Michael Rozell), Willard Bacon, Catharine Bacon (Mrs. George Martin Jr.), Cyrus Bacon, Julia Bacon, Benjamin Bacon, Diana Bacon (Mrs. Sherman Hinsdale), Lyman Bacon, David Bacon, Maria Bacon (Mrs. Simeon Oliver), Amanda Bacon (Mrs. Allen Andrews). I have noted other Bacon families in Steuben County at the time of Abner's death and am curious to know if there is a possible connection???

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions