Search for content in message boards

Clarence Lee Porter

Replies: 2

Clarence Lee Porter

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 10:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Porter, Beach
Working on husband's family line. His great-grandfather was Clarence Lee Porter whose first wife was Mary Beach and I think the second wife was named Emma. Mary died after 1915 NY cenus and before 1920 US census for PA. Their children were born in the early 1900's. The 1930 census has Clarence living in Painted Post, Stuben Co., NY. with 2nd wife. I haven't found him in the 1940 census, yet, he died about 1962. My husband said that his grandfather Clarence Irvin Porter told him that after his mother died the kids were in the Lancaster,PA area in Amish or Mennonite homes.The other siblings were Mary Belle, John , Helen, Elzabeth May, and Edgar Stanley that I have found so far. My husband also thinks there were half siblings from the second wife, but I haven't found any so far. One brother may also be named Roy O.Porter. Any help would be appreciated. I mostly would like to know where the family members were after 1915 when their mother died. I think most of the children were born in NY. I think the parents were born in PA. My husband does remember visiting some relatives in NY in the late 50's or early 60's when he was a kid.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bsporter112 31 Dec 2012 5:15AM GMT 
thomasker2 3 Jan 2013 5:30PM GMT 
bsporter112 3 Jan 2013 8:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions