Isaac SANTEE purchased land in Cameron in 1818 from an earlier settler, Thomas-1 STREETER (1753-1831):
On 30 December 1813, Thomas Streeter "of Bath" purchased thirty-two acres in township #3, fourth range (then Addison, since 1822 Cameron), on the west bank of the Canisteo River from the Pulteney Estate for $80.50 (SCD, 6:369). Thomas' land was surrounded by that of John Moore, W.P. Ogden, J. Jones, and Nathan Hallett; the River Road probably follows the western boundary of Thomas' land (Pulteney Maps). This plot was sold by Thomas and Louisa to their neighbor, Isaac Santee, for $300 on 10 January 1818 (SCD, 10:7) Isaac Santee was married to Nancy Moore, the daughter of John and Mary (Loghry) Moore. This thirty-two-acre plot was near the village of West Cameron, where the Canisteo River flows north to south, hence the reference to the west bank.
Isaac Santee settled in Cameron in 1820 about one mile from the Canisteo line; his first home was in West Cameron; the Santees were Methodists (Clayton, 202-3, 205). Nancy (Moore) Santee, Isaac's wife, died in Cameron, New York 15 July 1840, age 46 (Steuben Farmers Advocate, 22 July 1840). The Streeters and Santees, were both "from Addison" in the 1818 transaction; the Town of Cameron was not set off from Addison until 1822.