Search for content in message boards

Descendants of William Gardner & Polly Gaston Gardner

Replies: 5

Descendants of William Gardner & Polly Gaston Gardner

Posted: 20 Jun 2010 2:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gardner, Gaston, Moore
William and Polly had a son named William b. 7 Sep 1794 in Richmond Berkshire Co. Mass. I found a record of his birth in an old book.

William married but to whom, I don't know. That's what I'd like to find out. According to my records, William's parents (William & Polly) came from Connecticut to Newark Valley in Tioga County around 1800 (Source: Historical Gazatteer of Tioga County 1785-1888) when William was just 6 years old.

William, the son, died 8 Feb 1837 in Connecticut from what I'm told by a relatives Aunt & Uncle. They could not provide where they found the information as they are up in years. All their other info has been spot on with regard to this family though so I believe them when they noted where William's death was.

From what I also understand, William had at least 2 sons. Hiram b. 22 Jan 1814, whom I believe was born in North Leverett, Franklin County Massachusetts and who died 1886 in Vestal, Broome County, NY. I was able to follow Hiram around.

The other son of William and wife unnkown, who I believe is my Great Great Grandfather, was named John Gardner. From census records, it's recorded that John was born in Rhode Island. Where in RI remains a mystery! I think I have a pretty good handle on John's whereabouts as he stayed in NY for the most part in Tioga, Broome and Chenango Counties. From my records he married my GG Grandmother Margaret Moore in Broome County but I have no wedding date for them either.

If anyone knows this family, they were farmers for the most part, or can see if William married anyone in Tioga County before 1814 when Hiram was born, I'd be so indebted to you. It would seem that William, sometime after coming of age, simply disappeared on me. I couldn't find in him Tioga County, looked around Massachusetts (where s. Hiram seems to have been born), Connecticut (where he supposedly died) and Rhode Island (where son John was supposedly born) but no luck without having some idea of where in each county he was living.

I realize I'm searching for a needle in a Haystack. My direct Gardner line in this family has been some of the MOST elusive people I have ever had the pleasure of tracking down LOL 10 years now and I finally made this break about William & Polly and their children etc, connected with some new cousins...yet instead of getting any easier, it remains difficult! LOL

Thanks so much for any ideas or guidance!

Laurie

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lauriepawlows... 20 Jun 2010 8:13AM GMT 
BuffyHun 4 Mar 2012 8:39PM GMT 
lauriepawlows... 19 Nov 2012 1:45PM GMT 
BuffyHun 19 Nov 2012 4:43PM GMT 
BuffyHun 19 Nov 2012 5:09PM GMT 
lauriepawlows... 19 Nov 2012 10:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions