Search for content in message boards

The Will of John McKellar

Replies: 2

The Will of John McKellar

Posted: 10 Feb 1999 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 12:04PM GMT
Surnames: MCKELLAR, LAMONT, CARR
March 29, 1851 - Rec. in Tompkins Co. Surrogate's Office in B'k G of Wills at p. 13

John McKellar

To

Archibald, John, Euphemia and Catharine McKellar

The proofs recite that John McKellar died Dec. 20, 1850.

The will disposes of the testator's real estate in the following words :

"I give and bequeath unto the said Archibald (a son) one-third part of all my real and personal proerty, excepting household furniture.

Second. - I give and bequeath to my wife Mary one-third of my real and personal property.

Third.- I give and bequeath to my daughter Nancy Lamont the sum of Sixty dollars.

Fourth.- The remainder of my estate, both real and personal, I give to my son and to my grand-daughter Mary Carr, to be divided equally among these last named four, and my son John must continue to work on the farm with his brother until he is twenty-one years of age......The share that I have willed to my wife Mary I give to her during her natural life, and after her decease I will and bequeath said share in the following manner, viz., to my son John three-eights and the remaining five-eighths to be equally divided between my two daughters Catherine and Euphemia and my grand-daughter Mary Carr."
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
adah1 10 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT 
carol_mccraw 29 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT 
littlelaurel 1 Jan 2013 9:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions