Search for content in message boards

Grandfather's Family

Replies: 3

Re: Josephine Girard Goodness in Court Proceeding 1907

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 12:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Dec 2012 8:24AM GMT
Josephine Girard was mentioned in this post group and I came across Josephine being mentioned as an heir at law in the following court proceeding. I hope it's of help to someone.

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK,
by the Grace of God free and Independent: To Adelaide Girard; Julia Taylor; Josephine Goodness; Louis Girard; Henry Girard; Nelson Girard; Frank Girard; Fred Girard; Amelia Girard; Timothy Girard; Elizabeth Dohnahie,
Bertha Montee; Pearl Montee; Lena Montee; heirs and next of kin of William Girard, late, of Glens Falls, Warren county, Deceased, greeting: You and each of you are hereby cited
and required to appear before our Surrogate of our County of Warren, at his office in the Village of Glens Falls, in
the Town of Queensbury; in said County, on the 3rd day of September, 1907, at 10 o'clock, in the forenoon of that day, to attend the probate of a certain instrument in writing claimed to be,the last will and testament of the said deceased, which will then be offered for probate as a will relating to real and personal estate, on the application of Amelia Girard. a legatee in said will named: and if any of you are infant under the age of twenty-one years, you are required to appear by your guardian, if yon have one or if you have none, to appear and apply for
one to be appointed, and if you neglect to do a guardian will be appointed by the Surrogate to represent and act for you In the proceedings.

Since I originally posted this I found a few more things that make the Court proceedings make a little more sense.

1870 Luzerne (p 11 of 30)
Gerard, William 40 VT
Elizabeth 38 (nee Guyette)
Adalaide 19
Juliette 16
Lewis 13
Joseph 11
Hattie ** 8
Frederick 8/12
Henry 7
Nelson 5
Frank 3

Obituary---Hattie A, wife of Edmond Montee, 62 West St, died yesterday, Friday, June 6, 1896 at the age of 34.
She is survived by her husband; three daughters: Bertha, Lena, and Pearl Montee; and several brothers and sisters. Her parents, Mr and Mrs William Girard, Upper Bay St, also survive her. The funeral will be held at St Alphonsus Church.

1907--Wiliam Girard---The funeral of William Girard was held May 8, 1907 at St Alphonsus church. The Bearers were Henry, Louis, Frederick; Timothy and Nelson Girard; and Edmond Montee. Burial is in St Alphonsus cemetery.

1912--Lewis Girard died at the home of his sister, Mrs Edward Goodness on Saturday, January 20.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Robert E. Wood 5 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Lynn Lackey 10 Mar 2003 7:20PM GMT 
Robert E. Wood 15 Mar 2003 8:49PM GMT 
rangerrose 15 Dec 2012 7:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic