Trying to find parents of David Boynton of New York b. 1823

Replies: 3

Trying to find parents of David Boynton of New York b. 1823

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 6:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Nov 2012 9:33PM GMT
Surnames: boynton, scudder
Hello,

My name is Peter Boynton and I am the Gr-Gr-Gr-Grandson of David Boynton born around 1823 in New York state. He married
Salina Scudder born in 1824 and had two sons with her;Frank N. and Fred. Frank N. is my Gr-Gr-Grandfather b. 1849.

I am having no luck in finding where David came from or what happened to him after 1850. No records of him exist but one.The 1850 census for Otsego county New York. David and Salina were included in the 1850 census, but only Salina and the kids (Frank and little brother Fred) are in the 1860 census from Oneida county New York. Little Fred was 8 in 1860 so that would have David around until 1852 at least.

The 1850 census has David, Salina and young Frank listed as farmers in Edmeston,New York. Both David and Salina
are listed as being born in the state of New York. The 1860 census has Salina, Frank and Frederick listed as weavers in Paris Oneida, New York. In both census records Boynton is spelled Boynton. David is listed as 27 years old in 1850 and Salina is listed as being 26. One brother and one sister of hers lived them in 1850 and 1860 on the farm.

In the limited docuentation I have been able to find online about Boyntons in New York state I found that there were several (Jared,Jonah,Herman,Daniel III, Rufus Spencer,and Elizabeth) sons and daughter of Daniel Boynton and Elizabethe Hall of Branford Ct that must have moved to Onieda county NY because they all died there between 1829 and 1850. The bothers and sister were all in their late 40's-50's when David was born so are unlikely fathers or mother. Also this branch was spelling Boynton as so: Byington. David and Salina's 1850 Otsego county census entry was clearly written Boynton.

The oral history of my family has always been we came from a family that came over shortly after the Pilgrams and that we were the first family to bring domesticated goats and sheep to the New World. What I would do right now to have a talk with my Grandfather Thomas Walter Boynton 1907-1997 who could most likely settle this matter, but I only gained interest in my family's past when my son Thomas Celio Boynton was born in 2006. He is an only child and I want him to know he comes from a big family.

Any help in finding David would be much appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
boyntonpete 13 Nov 2012 1:22AM GMT 
petriska 17 Nov 2012 9:54PM GMT 
boyntonpete 18 Nov 2012 5:09PM GMT 
petriska 19 Nov 2012 7:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions