Search for content in message boards

Desperately looking for BABRITSAS who emigrated to New York from Greece

Replies: 4

Desperately looking for BABRITSAS who emigrated to New York from Greece

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 7:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BABRITSAS, JIMOLA (GIMOULAS), TRIKALIS (TRIKALES), KELLAS (SERIKELLAS), KOMATAS, KALAS
He was my great grandfather. I am trying to find some death certificate, place of burial or anything about his life that can lead me to that. I have found that he used to live in 686 Third Avenue, New York until 1927. That is the address stated on his naturalization records.
The latest piece of information that I have found is that in 1925 he used to live in that apartment (686 Third Avenue in New York) with 6 other roomates. Since I haven't been able to find any information about him after 1927 (the year when he was naturalized) I started looking for his roomates. Almost all of them were from Deskati, Grevena Greece. My great grandfather was from a village near there (Spilaio). Anyway what I am trying to find is a death certificate of my great grand father but I wasn't able to find anything. People say that he probably changed his name so I don't know where to look.
Does any one know anything about any of the names that I mention...They probably continued to live in New York after the 1930s but I couldn't find any useful information for them either. What I am actually looking for is some descendants of his roomates that may know what happened to him or the name he was using after the name change
Again the names are
BABRITSAS JOHN (My great grandfather)
JIMOLA (GIMOULAS) COSTA
TRIKALIS (TRIKALES) COSTA
KELLAS (SERIKELLAS) GEORGE
KOMATAS LAMBROS
KALAS LOUIS
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ssougles 13 Jan 2013 2:38PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 14 Jan 2013 12:41PM GMT 
ssougles 15 Jan 2013 12:24AM GMT 
Chris Kolias 15 Jun 2014 8:10PM GMT 
ssougles 23 Jun 2014 9:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions