Search for content in message boards

George Boon 1820 Census

Replies: 5

Re: George Boon 1820 Census

Posted: 8 Apr 2011 7:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boon, Brown, Hickman
John Hughes:

Thanks very much for all the great information! I am going to look through it more carefully, just wanted to get a thank you out to you quickly. Now I wonder if I am not on the wrong path with the corrected date you provided on the marriage of George Boon and Sarah Brown of November 30, 1841 in Orange County., NC: Here is the evidently incorrect date I found:

Marriage Orange County., NC.
Boon, George Sarah Brown 30 Nov. 1814 A. J. Picke

I assume J. Picke was bondsman or witness, there was no explanation of his name on the index I found.

I am trying to determine a marriage for Sarah Brown b. Aft. 1777. I am trying to determine if she is a sister to Mary Brown b. April 24, 1786 who supposedly married Joseph Hickman January 08, 1805 Surry Co., North Carolina. I am trying to prove or disprove if they are the daughters of William Brown, Jr. and Ann (last name unknown to me, possibly married 1776 Orange, North Carolina). I do know for sure that William Brown, Jr. was the son of William Brown, Sr. and Hannah Moon (Quakers). I think? William Brown, Jr. or his daughters married out of unity so there are no Quaker records on them. I have no other info on William Brown, Jr. b. January 26, 1753 and his wife Ann ?, other than they may have had a third daughter Hannah Brown (again no proof other than info found online). You can see I have lots of questions and holes in my research. Thanks again for all your time and effort. Your Census research and links are greatly appreciated.

related surnames: Humphrey, Moon, Large, Adams, Mooney, Thornburg, Stout, Commons, Noblitt, Barnes, Davis. Most of the family belonged to Cane Creek MM, Orange (now Almance) Co., North Carolina.

Sincerely, Pat
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pjmcg5 7 Apr 2011 4:15AM GMT 
JGHughes001 8 Apr 2011 3:33AM GMT 
JGHughes001 8 Apr 2011 4:17AM GMT 
pjmcg5 9 Apr 2011 1:47AM GMT 
JGHughes001 9 Apr 2011 3:39AM GMT 
pjmcg5 10 Apr 2011 8:31AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions