Search for content in message boards

Florentine L. Noah, b. 8/27/1850 NC

Replies: 1

Florentine L. Noah, b. 8/27/1850 NC

Posted: 7 Mar 2003 7:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Noah/Noe/Stout/Spoon
Still searching for origin of my g-grandfather who m. Mary Ellen Stout Obion Cnty, Palestine TN 1875. Later moved family to Butler Cnty, MO.
I believe Florentine's mother was probably Elizabeth Noah, but have found no marriage for her until she married 1864 NC Joseph Stout, which was a second marriage for Stout, and 14 years after Florentine Noah was born.
Florentine's mother Elizabeth was daughter of George Noah and (2) Mary "Polly" Nease. George Noah was the son of John Noe. George married (1) Margaret "Peggy" Fox before he married (2)Mary "Polly" Nease.
One of Elizabeth's siblings was Edison Noah. I've found a 9 yr. old male child "F" in the Edison Noah household census 1860, but not listed in birth order with Edison's other two children. Did Edison take in his sister Elizabeth's child?
I have recently received a clue of a possible Florentine relationship with the Spoon surname. Beginning to think Florentine might have been born out of wedlock...perhaps to ?Spoon/Elizabeth Noah.
If anyone has stumbled onto such a relationship in their own research, I'd appreciate any clue. Thanks
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DBurkholz5497 8 Mar 2003 2:29AM GMT 
robtweb1 23 Apr 2013 7:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions