Search for content in message boards

Lynch's Creek PB Church

Replies: 4

Re: Lynch's Creek PB Church

Posted: 11 Nov 2013 8:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Compton, Campbell, O'Kelly
I have been researching my Smith family that lived near Lynches Creek in Caswell County NC and the Compton family that they married into. There are some of Lynches Creek records on the Aquilla Compton websites that are out there that show limited church records. I descend rom Joseph B Smith (son of Robert) who married Susannah Compton (granddaughter of Aqilla) in 1816. LCPBC records show that his uncle, William Smith, who was involved in the church, acted as bondsman. At the time of William Smith's death in 1820, John Landers was one of the witnesses to the Smith Will. Landers was the pastor at LCPBC at that time according to the minutes posted on the AC websites. Reverend Landers wife was Lucy (Johnston) who died in NC before 1830 when Landers went on to preach in Georgia. A Robert Campbell was an executor to he Wm Smith Will, but I have been unable to find him or determine his relationship to this Smith family. One of the heirs to the will was a William O'Kelly, son of William O'Kelly. I cannot determine that relationship, either. Any assistance on these family members would be appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tyaskin 20 Jan 2005 9:16PM GMT 
foxrun38 23 Jan 2005 2:12AM GMT 
tyaskin 4 Feb 2005 8:43PM GMT 
foxrun38 4 Feb 2005 11:15PM GMT 
MacFancher 11 Nov 2013 3:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions