Lynch's Creek PB Church

Replies: 4

Re: Lynch's Creek PB Church

Posted: 22 Jan 2005 7:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Apr 2006 7:37PM GMT
Surnames: Hazell, Wells, Lynch,
Hello Richard Hazel,

The last I heard, the repository for the Primitive Baptist Church Records was located in the town of Elon College, NC. (not on campus) However the library on campus of Elon University may be able to provide you with the contact person. Also I believe that if you entered "Primitive Baptist" "History" "Records" "Elon" into a Google search, you should come up with an address or location for the Archives. The church was organized in the early 1800's, as I recall, and it was burned sometime in the 1970's after it was no longer required for worship services. There is a graveyard which remains, just off highway 86 from Hillsborough to Yanceyville. It is not far from the crossroads of highway 49 and 86. There is a family cemetery very near it for the Malone family. One of my ancestral uncles, William Willis Wells was ordained to the ministry in the Lynches Creek Congregation, and served as preacher/minister there in the later years of his life. His father, my GGGG grandfather, Miles Wells, was one of the organizers of the Church.

We may have shared conversations previously, as I am a descendant of Bennett Hazell of Orange/Alamance County, NC, who lived very near the Union Ridge area.

Best regards,

John Fox
Winston-Salem, NC
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tyaskin 20 Jan 2005 9:16PM GMT 
foxrun38 23 Jan 2005 2:12AM GMT 
tyaskin 4 Feb 2005 8:43PM GMT 
foxrun38 4 Feb 2005 11:15PM GMT 
MacFancher 11 Nov 2013 3:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic