Search for content in message boards

Hopewell Cmty. & Ingram Cmty.

Replies: 2

Hopewell Cmty. & Ingram Cmty.

Posted: 29 Mar 2000 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 10:20AM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Grider, Gryder, Hooper
Looking for any info on the old Hopewell Cememtery in Alexander Co., NC. I don't know if it was a church cemetery or not. It may have been abandoned. It is possible that it is located in Iredell Co.
Silas Smith and wife Susannah 'Susan' Gryder are supposedly buried there. Have never seen any listing to prove this. In fact, have never seen a listing for this Hopewell Cemetery either and that's what leads me to believe that it may be abandoned.
The Ingram Cemetery is located on the Bowman property and is apparently unkept. It was recently found by Ralph Warren and he was unable to look very closely due to the land owners concerns. If anyone has any knowledge of this cemetery and feels that they can visit it and possibly take some pictures, please contact me!!! Jane Hooper Gryder may be buried there (she was 1st wife to William 'Billy' Gryder). He is buried at Macedonia Bapt Church in Taylorsville. Jane died in March 1850. She was a member of Mount Pleasant Church. Any help or info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Ray Gryder, II
3008 Homestead Dr., Petersburg, VA 23805-2345
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RayGryder10 29 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Susie Barkley 9 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT 
tgunter1022 29 Apr 2012 1:11AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions