The Surry County Genealogical Association has arranged to host a regional Swap Meet in April of this year. This event is open to local genealogy and family history groups as well as individuals with an interest in genealogy of our surrounding region. The event is FREE. Plus, everyone is eligible for a door prize to be given away.
This is an opportunity for all of our genealogy groups to share information with each other. Each registered group will have an opportunity to describe their current plans as well as announce what projects they are working on for the future. We also encourage everyone to bring copies of books, pamphlets, or other material they are selling or to share with others as private collections. If needed, a copier will be available and there'll be a small charge for copies.
Since space is limited, reserve your table now (at no cost) to ensure you'll have sufficient space to present your information (see registration section below). When registering for a table be sure to request an electrical plug-in (if needed for your computers or other electrical devices).
The swap meet details are:
- Date: Saturday, April 17, 2010
- Time: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Place: Surry Community College, Dobson - Building "A" - downstairs in the Grill and Dining area (see map at link shown below)
- Map: http://www.surry.edu/attending/campus_map.html
- Table Reservations: call Randall Ray (828-215-9694), or email@example.com
- Electric Plug-In: Electrical plug-ins are available for your table, if requested
- Computer Access: Surry Community College is a wireless campus, so laptops are encouraged. If you need computer access, but your computer is not wireless, please advise in your registration
- Refreshments: Surry County Genealogy Association
- Cost: FREE