Search for content in message boards

Military Units in Civil War

Replies: 7

Re: Military Units in Civil War

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 7:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Vanzant, Rose, McCoy, Lane
Hi Don:

I don't believe that Garrett and Barnabas are the same person. Yes, I believe Barnabas is Felix's dad. Fee lix had a daughter named Rebecca C. Vanzant. She married John Wesley Rose. One of their children Sarah C. Rose married John J. McCoy. One of their sons was William Thomas McCoy. He married Talitha Rebecca Lane. One of their sons was J.T. McCoy. He married Ethel Mae Smith. I am one out of seven children from that union. I found a Barnabas on 1793 census of Straban Township York County Pa. I also found a Peter Vanzant and Brandas Vanzant(possibly Barnabas) on the 1784 and 1785 census of Straban Township of York County PA. I am researching to see if this Barnabas might have fought in PA and was granted land in Surry County NC.
To answer your question of other children of the Vanzants.
The Vanzant, the Rose, and the McCoy families left NC to travel together to Scott County VA and settled in the Powell District. The Vanzant, the Rose, and the McCoy families then moved to Texas. A brother, Alexander Rose stopped and settled in Scott County AR and then later moved further east in AR. This how far I have gotten thus far. You might look for some of the relatives in NC, VA, TN, AR, TX. I say TN because the Lane's also lived in the Powell Distraict of Scott County VA so some of the Lane's on the wagon train to Texas stopped and settled in TN along with some of the Lane's who had never left TN.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
don rubarts 16 Apr 2004 2:08AM GMT 
Beth 17 Apr 2004 10:11AM GMT 
don rubarts 17 Apr 2004 2:56PM GMT 
Betheas91 17 Apr 2004 8:10PM GMT 
don rubarts 17 Apr 2004 8:58PM GMT 
gishpar 11 Apr 2013 1:03AM GMT 
SteveBlackbur... 17 Apr 2004 1:00PM GMT 
rgf129 31 Dec 2006 5:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic