Search for content in message boards

REED Family History

Replies: 3

Re: REED Family History

Posted: 16 May 2013 8:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a stepgranddaughter of Grandaddy Reed. He was also an incredibly talented painter who taught me to paint landscapes. He was married to Rosa and had land in Louisville on which some of the founders of Taylorsville were buried. One of his daughters and her family lived in the house next door. They had a pond in their back yard from when the place used to be a public pool of some kind. He invented things too. One device I remember is a metal piece which hung on the side of your glass with a round piece that had holes in it, which functioned to push the ice down because he liked being able to drink without ice getting in the way. He made fantastic buckwheat pancakes. He had his art studio and garage of inventions downstairs in their basement.

Nana Reed made incredible blackberry cobblers. They had a patch of blackberries growing next to the house, where I picked them with her to make it. I still keep in touch with the family. Just happened to look up grandaddy's name today just for kicks and saw your post.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cumberlandmjb 21 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
sdonaldson_1 21 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Nathen 12 Jul 2001 2:43AM GMT 
ndt01 16 May 2013 2:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions