Search for content in message boards

Abraham Pritchett b. abt 1825 North Carolina, d. 1863 Gratiot Street Prison, St Louis MO

Replies: 0

Abraham Pritchett b. abt 1825 North Carolina, d. 1863 Gratiot Street Prison, St Louis MO

Posted: 9 Jul 2012 2:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to connect my Abraham Pritchett to the Pritchett family of Beaufort County, NC. My Abraham Pritchett was first discovered as my 3rd great grandmother's (Leanna Jane Pritchett Baker) father. The 1860 census for New Madrid County, Missouri shows Abraham Pritchett age 35 b. NC living with wife, Virginia (Hunot) age 23, daughter Jane age 4 and son, Lewis age 1 month. They also had a son later named Edward b 1862. In 1850 Beaufort County, NC we can find Abraham age 24 living in the household of Lorenzo D. Langley along with Lorenzo's son, Ferdinand age 4; and presumably Abraham's siblings Martha age 14; Mary age 11; and Alexander age 10. I am trying to discover the parents of Abraham and why he is living with this Lorenzo Langley. Was he a guardian for Abraham's siblings? Any information would be appreciated. By the way, Abraham was captured in New Madrid county, MO as a prisoner of war by the union and he later died while in prison at Gratiot St. Prison in St Louis 25 Jan 1863.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions