Search for content in message boards

Origin of Mulatto Kees, Keys, Keese, Keyes Family in Beaufort County

Replies: 12

Re: Origin of Mulatto Kees, Keys, Keese, Keyes Family in Beaufort County

Posted: 31 Jul 2013 9:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Keyes, Keese, Kees, Keys
Tomorrow will be a better day, Z!

I anticipate that you will find a wealth of information in his pension records. I believe we are related through Elizabeth Keyes Wilkins and/or Rhoda Pierce. I hope and pray the answers we both seek are in the file, along with photos.

I am in the DFW area, so my research is limited to what is available online right now. My sister in law just moved to Greenville, so I hope to travel back east next summer to visit Beaufort County and to plunge into some heavy duty research in Eastern NC.

I have a distant cousin who may also be related to you. Her tree is called Graham Ancestry. You might poke around there to see whether any names look familar. Betty has been a real help to me. She's been doing this for a long time; she has over 2000 people in her tree! When she went to Washington DC to review Civil War pension files, Betty was kind enough to get information about a relative on my grandmother's side (not this side of my family) and I was amazed at what she found.

If there is anything else we can collaborate on, please let me know. I can gather a list of websites which have been helpful in my search and post them here for your review and consideration. You may have found some or most them already. The Lord knows the answers we are seeking, and according to His Word, if we seek, we shall find!

Have a blessed night,

Kim
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KimDorineFati... 29 Jul 2013 5:08AM GMT 
ZShackleford 1 Aug 2013 2:40AM GMT 
KimDorineFati... 1 Aug 2013 3:30AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions