Search for content in message boards

ADKISON ATKISON ADKINSON

Replies: 3

Re: ADKISON ATKISON ADKINSON

Audie Adkison (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2002 10:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Rebecca,
I probably can't tell you what you want to know because your question is also one of my questions. The gist of what I have is in this Maury County, TN deed dated Sept 29, 1853, " We John Adkison Steven Elliot and Sarah Elliot his wife, W.A. Cauthen and Elizabeth Cauthen his wife Issac M. Goins and Mary Goins his wife have this day bargained and sold and do hereby transfer and convey to William Adkison a tract of land on which he now resides for and in consideration of seventy nine dollars to them paid a tract of land in the State of Tennessee Maury County and District number one containing by estimation seventy nine acres and ninety-nine poles be the same more or less ....."
Witnesses: T.R. Allen, James Ezell, and Robert Stevens

William (1812), John (1814), Mary Lucy (1816), and Elizabeth (1819) are the Tennessee-born children of Jordan Adkison and Charity Ezell. This appears to be a case of an older brother buying out the interest of his brothers and sisters in inherited land. If this is the case, then what is Sarah's claim? I have found no reference to her as a daughter, though she could be a child of a previous marriage of either Charity or Jordan. Jordan did have a previous marriage to Martha Robison in Bertie County, NC and possibly at least two children there. But where did the land come from? I suspect that it came from Charity's side, though I have no concrete evidence. I don't know who James Ezell is, but he also earlier sold land to William Adkison. All of that leaves me with questions I have not been able to answer. The connection between Sarah must be strong, since Charity chose to spend her decling years with Sarah and Steven Elliott (assuming she had a choice).

I hope this may be of at least a little help to you and thay somebody will know something that will solve some of my mysteries.
Regards
Audie Adkison
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Audie L. Adkison 13 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT 
RLLichtenberg 11 Apr 2002 6:18PM GMT 
Audie Adkison 18 Apr 2002 4:32PM GMT 
TNReid 11 Oct 2012 8:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic