Search for content in message boards

George Hodges Hall

Replies: 1

George Hodges Hall

Posted: 5 Jun 2008 9:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hall Hodges Gooden
The following is my Hall lineage in NC. Please contact me if you feel that you might have a connection. I am having great difficulty in linking my NC Hall’s to CT. I have seen John Hubbard Hall’s gravestone which indicates he was born in Meriden, CT and I have copies of census data that states he was born in CT. But I have found no record of him in CT. John Hubbard Hall was married at least 4 times and had over 12 children. I am hoping that someone else might be researching him and can provide some help.

I am also looking for a marriage certificate for my grandparents George Hodges Hall, Jr and Eunice Shepard Brinson. I believe they were married in Elizabethtown, Bladen, NC.

Jonathan Hodges Hall b. Ft. Bragg NC

- Charles Moore Hall b. July 4, 1928, Elizabethtown, NC d. July 9, 1987 Myrtle Beach, SC
- Carrie Elizabeth Gooden b. August 31, Bladen County NC

o George Hodges Hall, Jr. b. October 21, 1887, NC d. November 15, 1942 Elizabethtown, Bladen Country, NC
o Eunice Shepard Brinson b. January 10, 1896 d. November 11, 1976 Elizabethtown, Bladen County, NC

§ George Hodges Hall b. September 30, 1847 Red Springs, NC d. May 21, 1932 NC
§ Delia Blanks Woodward b. April 18, 1863 d. August 21, 1945

George Hodges Hall – joined Company B of the 13th Battalion of the North Carolina Light Artillery in 1864, served as a Private, was a Prisoner of War at the end of the Civil War.

1900 United States Federal Census of Red Springs, Robeson, North Carolina shows the following data: George H. Hall age 52, wife Delia b. Hall age 37
son George H. Hall jr. 22 years of age
son James K. Hall 7 years of age
daughter Alice Hall 4 years of age
son Charles C. Hall 2 years of age
and George’s Sister, Julia B. Hall 51 years of age

1920 United States Federal Census of Red Springs, Robeson, North Carolina shows the following data: George H. Hall age 72 years of age, wife Delia B. Hall 56 years of age,
son James M. Hall 26
daughter Alice Hall 23 years of age
son David R. Hall 18 years of age
son William J. Hall 9 years of age

• Egbert Cornwell Hall b. May 27, 1814, CT m. 4 March, 1845, Fayetteville, Cumberland County, NC d. May 9, 1857, Fayetteville, NC
• Susan Hawley Hodges b. May 23, 1820, Norfolk, VA d. January 17, 1897, Red Springs, NC

1850 United States Federal Census of Fayetteville, Cumberland, NC shows the following data: Egbert C. Hall 35 years of age, wife Susan H. Hall 30 years of age,
son George Hall 3 years of age
daughter Julia Hall 1 year of age

Susan Hawley Hodges daughter of George S. Hodges of Norfolk, VA married Egbert Cornwell Hall. It is said that George S. Hodges was the engieneer in charge of construction of the original Fortress Monroe in Virginia around 1820. He later helped build the Fayetteville Arsenal prior to the war between the states.

Susan was born May 23, 1820 in Norfolk and died January 17, 1897 in Red Springs, NC.

o John Hubbard Hall, b. April 12, 1788 Meridan, CT d. September 20, 1867 Fayetteville, NC
o Mary Cornwell
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jonathanhhall 5 Jun 2008 3:19PM GMT 
Patricia Mord... 25 Sep 2012 12:31AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions