WILLIAM BEVAN
BLADEN COUNTY
PRIVATE
NORTH CAROLINA MILITIA
$33.88 ANNUAL ALLOWANCE
$101.64 AMOUNT RECEIVED
JULY 12, 1833 PENSION STARTED
AGE 77

The Biven line out of Bladen Co, NC is one I have been trying to locate information on for a long time. I come from a James Bivins/Bivens/Bevins/Biven(Spelled various ways) who went to the MS Teritory abt. 1805. Family tradition has it that he was in Camden Co., GA before going to MS/LA. His wife was Elizabeth LNU. James was in the MS Territory abt 1805, soon after the LA purchase. He had two daus., Mary Polly and Winnie. Three sons, Henry Franklin, James Sebern, and I can't remember the other one. Henry named two of his sons with Newton as a middle name. James. James Bivins can be found on the 1812 Tax List for St. Tammany Parish, LD. He died in St. Tammany Parish, LA abt 1814. Elizabeth never remarried. They all went to Texas.
James Sebern b. 1810 stated in a Pension application in TX that he went to TX on a wagon train about 1829. There was a lot of going back and forth between TX and LA. in those days. Whent Santa Anna was marching to E. TX, many folds returned in what was called the run away scare.

When in Wilmington, NC abt 5 years ago, I copied some information from the Bill Reeves Files housed in the Wilmington Public Libary on Biven-Newton Families of Bladen Co., NC. Unfortunately, when I got home, I had no files. A cousin and I tried to locate the area they lived in and found a newly constructed road, Bivens Rd.. It was newly paved and had a street sign. Mostly trailors were found in that area. It was isolated and spooky.

There was a James Biven living in the White Oak Dist. of
NC before 1770. There may have been two James Bivens. You can find him on a Militia List for Onslow Co., NC. Have never been able to find anything else on him. Many of the men listed in the Militia List can be found in Carteret Co., NC. James was not mentioned in the Pension files where I found William's record. The James on the Militia List appeared to have been b. in the 1750s.

A cousin in TX and I started a Bivens DNA Project affiliated with Family Tree DNA. Do you have any male of direct descent that stems from your William James BIven? If so, please be encouraged to participate in this Project.
I would love to hear from your and work with you on this line.
Kitty Biven Hoffman
email: lollygag@bellsouth.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Richard Bevan 31 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
suesims7 2 May 2004 3:37PM GMT 
suesims7 2 May 2004 3:57PM GMT 
kbhoffman 28 Jun 2013 12:37AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions