Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Hayes B. Averett/Everett

Replies: 1

Descendants of Hayes B. Averett/Everett

Kathy Duncan (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Averett, Brown, Everett, Goodman, Haywood, Sykes
I am trying to locate descendants of Hayes B. Averett/Everett, confederate soldier who was a resident of Bladen County when he enlisted 18 May 1861. On an old newspaper clipping my grandmother had stored away in a trunk, commemorating his service, (newspaper name or date unknown), she had written in that he died 24 November 1911.
The following children are shown as surviving him: Luther H., of Elko, SC, A. P., of Hoke County, and Mrs. J. A. Haywood. Hayes B. was also survived by his wife, who was Emeline Sykes. They are listed on the death certificate for my ggf, Luther Hayes Everett, b. 6 June 1861, d. 21 November 1915. Luther was a resident of SC when he became ill, worked on the railroad, and was a patient in Highsmith Hospital in Fayettevile just prior to his death in 1915. He is buried in Fayetteville, cemetery unknown, along with his youngest daughter. Luther married Sarah Catherine Brown, daughter of J. A. Brown and Ann Goodman, and according to her death certificate she was born in Richmond County, NC. There is no one living in my family today who has any other knowledge of this family. I am hoping to locate some of the descendants of his brother, A. P. or sister, Mrs. J. A. Haywood. I have been told that Luther may have been an adopted child.

Any information appreciated.

Kathy Seabrook Duncan
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kathy Duncan 21 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT 
bumblebee47 1 Sep 2012 12:53AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions