Brown Marsh Church in Bladen County was Presbyterian. The exact date of its origin is not known but it dates at least prior to 1770 and not earlier than 1756. Carver's Creek dates to about 1730 as a Quaker meeting house and later as a Methodist church. Source: A New Geography of North Carolina, Volume 3 by Bil Sharpe (1961. Incidentally, Bladen County's school system began at the old Brown Marsh Church.