Search for content in message boards

ZEBULON BAIRD VANCE

Replies: 2

ZEBULON BAIRD VANCE

Posted: 12 Jun 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jan 2002 11:14AM GMT
Surnames: VANCE, WEST, THURMOND
After the death of my great-grandmother (Margaret Annie THURMOND WEST b. 1871 in Edgefield, SC d. 1947 Alamance Co., NC) a book on the dedication of a statue of Zebulon Baird VANCE was found among her personal belongings. The statue is in Statuary Hall of the Capital Building in Washington, DC. The book was printed by the Sixty-Fourth Congress in limited edition and covers the dedication 1. Proceedings Statuary Hall on June 22, 1916, 2. Proceedings in the Senate, 3. Proceedings in the House. NOW ... for the question ... why does my family have this limited edition book. My great-grandmother Margaret Annie THURMOND was the daughter of Pleasant Doolittle THURMOND 1829-1887 of Edgefield, SC and his wife Mary Ison VANCE 1842-1921. Margaret Annie married William Joseph WEST, Jr. in Edgefield, SC on Oct. 11, 1857. It would seem that Mary Vanve was related to Zebulon but, I just haven't a clue. All I know about Mary is that she was born in Kentucky, the dau of William VANCE. By 1850 William and his family were living in Edgefield, SC. Does anyone have any idea how these people connect? (p.s. Margaret Annie THURMOND is of the same family as James Strom THURMOND, U. S. Senator-South Carolina.) Any help is greatly appreciated. Mary
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MARY WEST 12 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
NancyGlover57 18 Oct 2001 4:23AM GMT 
zbv1840 17 Apr 2013 3:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions