Search for content in message boards

Buncombe co. Death records

Replies: 28

Re: ?? question

Posted: 9 Nov 2001 5:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hyatt, Luther, Mason, Earwood, Morgan, Joyce, Hendricks
Hi Dale and thank you! I am researching the Hyatts, Joyces, Luthers, Masons, Hendricks, Earwoods and Morgans. Whew, and that isn't counting some of the Jones. I have been to Pleasant Hill, Pole Creek, Hominy Baptist and a few other cemetarys. There is a "Luther Cemetary' above the stone quarry in Candler and I finally found the old Joyce/Young cemetary, which has been neglected badly. I need to get some kin out there to help me repair some of the stones and cut some fallen trees that have fallen across the graves. In reality, there should be a fence put around it, as below it there is a store and people buy their wine and beer and go up to the graveyard to drink and leave their empties all over.
I live in Weaverville and so am not far away, but time doesnt want to wait for me!! Have you all documented Mt. Moriah Methodist Church cemetary? There might be some Wrights buried there. Or at least some of the Penlands who married into the Wright family. (Might be the wrong set of Wright's) as there are alot of Wrights in Buncombe. Again, thanks for your time and if I can be of any help with you, don't hesitate to ask. Terri Jo PS..do you have Cane Creek Cemetary in your books? I am looking for a Riley (Raleigh) Earwood b.@1849 and I found him listed in the Bunc. in 1924 in W. Asheville, but I have no idea where he is buried.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ALethea 10 Oct 2001 6:03AM GMT 
DaleWright162... 18 Oct 2001 2:26AM GMT 
Alethea 18 Oct 2001 6:20PM GMT 
terrijo_l 7 Nov 2001 2:40PM GMT 
DaleWright162... 8 Nov 2001 1:55AM GMT 
terrijo_l 8 Nov 2001 12:45PM GMT 
DaleWright162... 9 Nov 2001 12:05AM GMT 
terrijo_l 9 Nov 2001 12:53PM GMT 
DaleWright162... 13 Nov 2001 2:36AM GMT 
rxstuff 1 Dec 2001 11:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions