Search for content in message boards

Ray Family History, Vols. II and III

Replies: 5

Re: Ray Family History, Vols. II and III

Posted: 23 Aug 2013 4:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Crystal, sorry to read about the medical condition of your great grandmother, Kirby Ray Whitaker. After I wrote my inquiry in 2002 I heard from Mr. Brent Bertram in Jan. 2002. As noted my interest was and remains with Temperance Ann Ray who married George Henry K/Clinger in 1845 in Edgar Co., IL. Eventually this family moved to Texas around 1852 and remained there. This is my line.
Brent was exceedingly kind to scan and forwarded me data on the family of Temperance Ann Ray and some background on the Rays in Yancy and Mitchell Counties, NC. beginning in the year 1778.
As stated by Brent, most of the information is from "Ray Family History, Vol. II" edited by Kirby Ray Whitaker. I contacted the Old Buncombe County Genealogy Society Library in Asheville, NC.
My information is this -
Solomon L. (Rhea) Ray ( born 20 May 1792 near Burnsville, Burke CO., now Yancy Co., NC and died 17 July 1854 in Coles Co., IL.) He married Elizabeth Clarke abt. 1817 in Burke Co,., NC. They had 9 children- Mary; Sarah; John W.; Nathan; Ozlao; Thomas; Charlotte; Temperance Ann Ray ( b. 23 Jan 1828); and Lorenza Dow. Solomon later married Mrs. Susan White on 2 Sep 1851 in Coles Co. IL. They had 3 children - Granderson; Calvin and James ( b & d 1854).

Parents of Solomon - Cecelia Arrington and Thomas Lee or Leander Ray, Sr. They had 7 children - Thomas L., Jr; JOseph B.; John Henry; Elizabeth; William Hiram; James ( Big Jim); and Solomon.

It is my understanding there was a "conflict" between Kirby Ray Whitaker and Old Bumcombe Co. Genealogy Society Library.

Let me know by my E-mail address ( ceclinger@yahoo.com) how your information may relate to what I have.

Charles
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Clingerclinge... 15 May 2002 2:57AM GMT 
debbie ray 26 May 2004 5:01PM GMT 
Joana Perez 24 Jul 2004 1:24AM GMT 
RAYD7024 1 Jun 2014 6:15PM GMT 
Crystal Moss 23 Aug 2013 7:47PM GMT 
Clingerclinge... 23 Aug 2013 10:08PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic