Search for content in message boards

Roberts family help needed

Replies: 5

Roberts family help needed

Posted: 4 Sep 2011 11:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brashears Beshears Brashers Roberts Garren
I need help locating the parents of Ann/Anna Roberts (possibly Ann/Anna Pearson Roberts) b. in 1852 in Georgia wife of Samuel Garren (they married in 1872).

Her children say her parents were Robert Henry Roberts and Elizabeth E. Brashers. Her children also stated Robert Henry Roberts father was John Roberts and mother ? Carter. With John Roberts father being ? Nelson.
Her children also stated Elizabeth E. Brashers mothers name was Annus Nelson
Jill's note: I think the Nelson surname is confused as to which line.

Could this be them and Brashers be Mashers?--
Dodd, Jordan. Georgia Marriages to 1850
Georgia Marriages to 1850
Name: Robert H. Roberts
Spouse: Elizabeth E. Mashers
Marriage Date: 17 Sep 1843
Marriage County: Lumpkin
Marriage State: Georgia

------
Georgia Marriages, 1699-1944
Spouse: Elizabeth E. Mashers
Marriage Date: 17 Sep 1843
County: Lumpkin
State: Georgia
Hunting For Bears, comp.. Georgia Marriages, 1699-1944

Not sure any of this is connected to her:

I find a Robert Roberts in Year: 1820; Census Place: , Jackson, Georgia; Roll M33_8; Page: 309; Image: 244. with others in his family.

In 1830 and 1840 there are 3 Robert Roberts
Robert Roberts Ware, Georgia
Robert Roberts Jackson, Georgia
Robt Roberts Savannah Percival Ward, Chatham, Georgia
By 1850 there were 15 Robert Roberts in GA
One Henry Roberts Stagecoach driver and Elizabeth Roberts and Augustus H Roberts Sheriff in Waynesboro, Burke, Georgia

Year: 1850; Census Place: Division 15, Cherokee, Georgia; Roll: M432_65; Page: 488B; Image: 179.
Robert Roberts 30 Elizabeth Roberts 30 Nancy Roberts 3 Sis Roberts 1 also on the page Roberts- Alfred, Elizabeth, Washington, Mary and Henry

But Ann age is wrong for 1860 census--Year: 1860; Census Place: Smiths District, Baldwin, Georgia; Roll: M653_111; Page: 211; Image: 211; Family History Library Film: 803111.
Henry Brown 71
Elizabeth Roberts 42 Ann Roberts 27 Elizabeth Roberts 18 Henry Roberts 17 John Roberts 16 James T Roberts 14

Year: 1870; Census Place: Subdivision 55, Gilmer, Georgia; Roll M593_152; Page: 3B; Image: 10; Family History Library Film: 545651.
R Z Roberds 32 Farming
Margaret Roberds 28 Keeping house
William G Roberds 10 Works on farm
Ann Roberds 18 Dom servant

Side served: Confederacy; State served: Georgia; Enlistment date: 3 Jul 1861
Name: Robert Roberts
RESIDENCE: Gilmer County, Georgia
Enlistment Date: 3 Jul 1861
Side Served: Confederacy
State Served: Georgia
Service Record: Enlisted as a Private on 3 July 1861.
Enlisted in Company D, 11th Infantry Regiment Georgia on 3 Jul 1861.
Sources: 6
----------
Side served: Confederacy; State served: Georgia; Enlistment date: 24 Feb 1862
Name: Robert Roberts
RESIDENCE: Gilmer County, Georgia
Enlistment Date: 24 Feb 1862
Side Served: Confederacy
State Served: Georgia
Service Record: Enlisted as a Private on 24 February 1862.
Enlisted in Company D, 11th Infantry Regiment Georgia on 24 Feb 1862.
Sources: 6
---------
Side: Confederate
Regiment State/Origin: Georgia
Regiment Name: 11 Georgia Infantry.
Regiment Name Expanded: 11th Regiment, Georgia Infantry
Company: F
Rank In: Private
Rank In Expanded: Private
Rank Out: Private
Rank Out Expanded: Private
Film Number: M226 roll 52
Source: National Park Service, Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System
--------
Ancestry.com online trees that may or may not be correct or even her:

Robert Roberts b. 1816/18 and Elizabeth Beshears having a children Anna P. Roberds/Roberts b. 1854, Nancy Olvina Roberts, Susanne Roberts, Mary E. Roberts, Robert H. Roberts b. 1858.
I find this Roberts parents to be Robert G. Roberts and Mary Deweese--
It is speculated that Robert G Roberts and "Polly" Deweese had other children, but names of those and their spouses are not currently known.

Elizabeth Beshears married to a Robert Roberts born 1820 in North Carolina having children:
Nancy Roberts b. 1847 in Cherokee County, Georgia
Sis Roberts b. 1849 in Cherokee County, Georgia
Robert H. Roberts b. 1856 in Cherokee County, Georgia

Theresa Cody (the email doesn't work) has a Robert Roberts b. 1816 and Elizabeth Beshears having a children Anna P. Roberds/Roberts b. 1854, Susanne Roberts b. 1852, Nancy Olivina b 1850, Mary E. Roberts b. 1856, Robert H. Roberts b. 1858, Sam Roberts b. Dec 23, 1860 in Habersham, GA and Henry b. 1861.
Nancy marrying Juan Kell and having at least 4 children
She has Susanne as marrying Sam Garren and moving to CA and children Tinzie, Lillie and Rebecca. (Jill;s note---Did Susanne go by Ann/Anna? The rest of the info on husband and children listed are correct)
Mary marrying James Jones and having at least 7 children
-----------------
# Name: Robert ROBERTS
# Surname: Roberts
# Given Name: Robert
# NPFX: III
# Sex: M
# Birth: 1816
# _UID: F8C4D42AFE50D511AB644445535477771BAB
# Change Date: 7 Sep 2001 at 12:45:28

Father: Robert G. ROBERTS b: 14 Jan 1795 in ,Buncombe, North Carolina
Mother: Mary DEWEESE b: 29 Oct 1796

Marriage 1 Elizabeth BESHEARS

* Married: in Georgia

Children

1. Nancy Olvina ROBERTS b: 1850 Has Children
2. Susanne ROBERTS b: 1852 Has Children
3. Anna P. ROBERDS b: 1854 Has No Children
4. Mary E. ROBERTS b: 1856 Has Children
5. Robert H. ROBERTS b: 1858 Has No Children
6. Sam ROBERTS b: 23 Dec 1860 in ,Habersham, Georgia Has No Children
7. Henry ROBERTS b: ABT 1861 Has No Children
------------
# Name: Robert Gaines ROBERTS
# Given Name: Robert Gaines
# Surname: Roberts
# Sex: M
# Birth: abt 1816 in Buncombe Co, NC
# Death: in GA

Father: Robert Gaines ROBERDS b: 14 Jan 1795 in Buncombe Co, NC
Mother: Mary "Polly" DEWEESE b: 29 Oct 1796 in SC

Marriage 1 Elizabeth BESHEARS
----------------
Roberts Roberts of Buncombe County
Roberts Roberts made his will on April 10, 1840, in which he named two sons Pierce Roberds and Alfred B. Roberds as his executors. The date of his death has not yet been identified, his will was admitted for probate in the Buncombe County court of Common Pleas in the October session of 1840.

LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF ROBERTS ROBERTS
In the name of God Amen
I Robert Roberts of the State of North Carolina and County of Buncombe being in but indifferent health but of sound and perfect mind and memory blessed be God do this 10th day of April in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and forty make and publish this my last will and testament in form and manner following Vis - first I resign my body to the dust to be buried in christain form and my soul to God who gave it.

I give and bequeath to my beloved wife Nancy Roberts all my household and kitchen furniture for her to have and possess forever of for her to dispose of as she sees proper by will or otherwise and I also bequeath to her(my said wife) all my stock of every description with three negros Viz, Julia, Jas, Larken with the increase of Julia for her to have and possess during her natural life and at her death the stock and negros to be sold and equally divided among all my children, also I bequeath to my said wife one hundred dollars when collected out of debts that is owing to me.

I give and bequeath to my son Shelton Roberts one negro girl named Almina for him to have and possess with her increase forever.
I give and bequeath to my son Roberts Roberts one negro boy called Persy to have and possess the same forever.
I give and bequeath to my son John Roberts ten dollars
I give and bequeath to my daughter Luisa Tatum one negro girl named Mariah for her to have with her increase forever, but I will that said girl be and remain with my wife during her natural life except she my wife see proper to give her up to said Luisa Tatum, and my wifes act in keeping or giving up said girl is entirely my will.
I give and bequeath to my son William Roberts ten dollars.
I give and bequaeth to my son Augustus C. Roberts one note of hand I hold on himself for the amount of sixty dollars.
I give and bequeath to my son Pierce Roberts one negro boy called harry to have and possess forever.
I give and bequeath to my son Alfred B Roberts one negro boy called Sam and one rifle gun to have and possess forever.
I give and bequeath to my grandsons Robert Bertes Roberts and Andrew martin Roberts one tract of land where my son William Roberts now lives and one negro girl called Lally for them to have and possess forever but the said land and negro to be and remain entirely under the control and management of the executors of this my last will and testament hereinafter named.

I give and bequeath to my granddaughter Elizabeth C. Roberts one negro girl called Mary to have and possess the same forever, to be under control of exectors as above.
I give and bequeath to my son Roberts Roberts over and above what I have given him in a previous item, one tract of land containing fifty acres joining Charles McKiney, James A. Buckner and said son Robert, also another tract of land joining Wm Anderson and the Deweese tract I give to my said son Robert and I ordain and make my two sons Pierce Roberst and Alfred B. Roberts executors to this my last will and testament in Witness I the said Roberts Roberts hath hereunto set his hand and seal date above. Signed Sealed published and delivered in presence of us L Palmer Juratt N Blackstock witness Robert Roberts seal
State of North Carolina October session 1840
Buncombe County
The foregoing will was duly proven in open court by the oath of L. Palmer a subscribing witness thereto and admitted of record N harrison Clk
Source: Buncombe county Wills, Book A, page 67.
This Robert had siblings-John H. Roberts and Levisa Roberts and his parents were Robert Roberts and Nancy Seay.
John H. Roberts was married to Elizabeth Carter (her parents were Edward Carter and Mary Brown)
Lavisa Roberts married Hardy C. Tatum
Jill's note-I believe the Robert who wrote this will was born Jan 14, 1765 died in 1849
Could John H. Roberts was married to Elizabeth Carter be the parents Ann/Anna children stated>

Can anyone help?

Jill
Santa Clara, CA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jsybalsky 4 Sep 2011 5:42PM GMT 
James Roberts... 5 Sep 2011 8:36AM GMT 
jsybalsky 15 Oct 2011 5:36PM GMT 
James Roberts... 17 Oct 2011 9:29AM GMT 
Dorinda55 26 Oct 2011 11:13AM GMT 
jsybalsky 22 Oct 2012 9:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions