Search for content in message boards

obit request

Replies: 5

Re: obit request

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 8:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
I checked out their website and found the information you told me about and sent them an email. I need to start myself a notebook just for genealogy correspondence or a list of what I want to get or are missing, instead of these many bits of paper cluttering up my computer desk, so I can work more effidicntly. I don't like to file, that's one of my down falls and sometimes I end up printing duplicate copies of some genealogy research, wasting cartridge ink and paper and my time. Maybe I should start a different color folder for each person or family on unfinished work.

You mentioned that you have been working on land deeds..that is something I haven't really done too much of. I'm sure once I started doing it, I'd learn a lot about how the ancestor obtained the property, etc. When I get to Harrisburg, Pa. the next time, I do want to research some deeds. A living relative has told me that her Maternal grandmother was left a house in exchange for taking care of a lady for years because she had no other family. I believe this Aunt's story because her mind is very sharp but it would be wonderful to have that legal document in my collection.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BESHENOUR 17 Nov 2012 9:31PM GMT 
jonjanmcd 21 Nov 2012 1:32AM GMT 
Dorinda55 25 Nov 2012 6:18AM GMT 
BESHENOUR 27 Nov 2012 10:05AM GMT 
Dorinda55 27 Nov 2012 10:51AM GMT 
BESHENOUR 27 Nov 2012 3:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions