Search for content in message boards

Moses Smith abt 1748 SC to Buncombe NC 1820-30 Possibly father of Jeremiah, Joseph,Benjamin,Thomas,Richard and William,

Replies: 0

Moses Smith abt 1748 SC to Buncombe NC 1820-30 Possibly father of Jeremiah, Joseph,Benjamin,Thomas,Richard and William,

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 1:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith
I am seeking information about old Moses Smith b abt 1748, who was in Pendleton or Newberry SC in 1800, 1810 Pendleton, and in Buncombe in 1820-30. More than likely he was the father of Jeremiah Smith (1773 SC) from SC to Buncombe to Henderson and Cherokee and Marshall Cos Ala.as they were migrating together as neighbors. Jeremiah was almost a perfect DNA match to my Smith DNA line, so my line is possibly Joseph, Benjamin,Thomas or Richard, probable sons of old Moses.
In 1820 old Moses was listed with this group as close neighbors: Jeremiah, Joseph, William D., more than likely sons. In 1810 Pendleton, Jeremiah is grouped with Moses,Benjamin,Thomas and Thomas Jr and Richard. Since my great great grandfather (1826 SC) was Thomas Harrison Smith and he named my great grandfather Wm Joseph Smith (1852), possibly we can narrow the field to Joseph or Thomas.
Jeremiah married Mary Tidmore, but I think possibly he was married before that. In 1810, he had two children under 10, but his children with Mary Tidmore start at 1811 according to shared data on this family.Jeremiah and the Tidmores migrated to Cherokee and Marshall Co Ala in the 1840s.
My GG Thomas Harrison Smith migrated to Lumpkin Co Ga in 1846, as he was a gold miner. Moses Smith Jr b 1811 was a brother based on family records. He came from Pendleton/Pickens in the 1850s and lived next door to Thomas in Lumpkin/Dawson Co Ga Yellow Creek. I have been told Riley Smith (1806 SC- 1868 Burnett TX) from Pickens to Missouri to Tennssee to Arkansas to TX was also possibly a brother.I am trying to get this Smith family in order as my mother was a direct descendant Smith of this line.Any help appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions