Search for content in message boards

Joseph Fletcher 1810 Buncombe

Replies: 0

Joseph Fletcher 1810 Buncombe

Posted: 6 Jan 2014 8:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fletcher Whitson
Joseph Fletcher was born about 1810 in Buncombe Co according to a POW interview that I found. I went into the 1810 census and found four Fletcher heads of families. They all could be potential parents of Joseph because they all show at least one male child under 10 years. The names of the heads of families are John who appears to be 26-44 yo, Reuben who appears to be 45+ yo, William who appears to be 16 to 25, and William 45+yo. The second William is a slave owner. Coincidentally there is a Joseph Whitson who lives next to John Fletcher. My Joseph Fletcher had a son William who had a wife who was a Whitson.

Joseph Fletcher married Elizabeth (surname and marriage location unknown) b 1805 SC. They have several children and lived in Henry Co, Alabama in 1830, moved to Coffee Co and then Franklin Co, Tennessee from at least 1831 to 1850, and Stoddard Co, Missouri is where he lived when he was captured during the civil war. I am happy to provide more information if needed and would appreciate any help. Thank you!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions