Search for content in message boards

GUINN, Charles family, Burke County, N.C.

Replies: 8

Re: GUINN, Charles family, Burke County, N.C.

audrey (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2002 8:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ross, Frizzell, England,Guinn,Denton, Hudson, MacKey, Watts, Baxter, Savedge/Savage, Phillips,Spivey, Pittman, Green, etc..
Hi,
My dirct line is Debroah England (dtr of Daniel England and Margaret Guinn/Gwinn). Deborah married Reuben M. Ross, my ggg grandfather and they stayed in Burke Co, NC all their lives. A kind soul sent me this info on Margaret Gwinn/Guinn England:
"Some time after the death of Daniel England, his widow Margaret England and his granddaughter Margaret England migrated to Habersham County, Georgia.
Daniel England's son Elisha was successful in the 1832 Georgia Gold Lottery, drawing a lot in Brocks District of Habersham County. Other persons also successful were; Joseph England's orphans, Matilda England widow, Margaret England widow of R. S. England, Louicy England three years absent of her husband; and Willis Twiggs. A requirement for eligibility in the drawing was residence in Georgia for three years prior to the drawing, so Elisha had been there for at least three years. These records are in the Atlanta Archives.
Lavice England, daughter of Daniel, seems to have been married to Ezekiel Pennington, but there is a civil action case in July 1820 Burke County court minutes showing Ezekiel Pennington as defendant. Witnesses were members of Lavice (England) Pennington's family.
Willis Twiggs was given power of attorney 12 December 1843, by Lavice Pennington, formerly Lavice England, in Habersham County, Georgia. This action is recorded in the January 1844 Burke County court minutes, and a copy of the original document is in a 1843 [no name given] England estate file in the North Carolina State Archives, Raleigh. This document recites that Lavice (Lovicy) Pennington, widow, in Habersham County, Georgia is due something from the estate of Daniel England (whose land lay on the west side of Hunting Creek) in Burke County. The document also mentions a power of attorney in Union County, Georgia."
I have had no luck yet finding the name of Margaret Guinn/Gwinn England's father. I do know her mother's name was Deborah but don't know her maiden name.
I would very much like to know about your husband's Denton
line. Could you fill me in? Thanks, Audrey
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Carole 1 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
pamkincaid29 17 Mar 2002 2:23PM GMT 
audreyfetterh... 19 Mar 2002 1:58AM GMT 
pamkincaid29 12 Jul 2002 2:06PM GMT 
audrey 12 Jul 2002 2:33PM GMT 
pamkincaid29 12 Jul 2002 5:27PM GMT 
egm183 3 Aug 2009 1:22AM GMT 
audreyfetterh... 3 Aug 2009 7:13PM GMT 
RandallGuinn1... 8 Jun 2013 5:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions