Search for content in message boards

Powell

Replies: 12

Re: Powell

Posted: 18 May 2002 8:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Powell Stonecypher Lyons Burrell Blalock King Justus Welborn Parks Blair Philyaw Derrick
Elizabeth Powell (Blair) m. James Blair. The book Melissa orders "The Powells of Virginia and The South" by Lucas is a good book, but it will really confuse you. Myself and several others I have been in contact with in the last few years have come to believe that our branch of the Powells gets skipped. The information that we have states that Edley and Tillman's, also brother Thomas Jefferson Powell's, father was named Robert Powell m. unknown. In the book under Elias, their are two Robert's one born in 1750 and the other in 1752 in Culpepper, Va. Both fought in the Revolutionary War, the information we have states the our Robert born 1750 fought for the Loyalists. One Robert went to Adair Co., Kentucky and married Ann West. The book will make you think that this Robert is the father of Edley and Tillman. But from all information we have gathered our Robert hid out in SC after the war and eventually received a pardon, hence his son's name "Thomas Jefferson". I believe that the two Roberts were cousins, which makes it even more confusing. Their is a Robert Powell on the tax lists for 1830 in Rabun county, Ga. And then no other information. Elizabeth Powell Blair was Robert's sister, therefore aunt to Edley and Tillman. Edley, Tillman, Thomas Jefferson all settled in Rabun County, GA., at some point Tillman gave power of attorney to Edley and moved to Alabama, and at some point Elizabeth and James Blair also moved to the same area. Myself and several others have been trying to find out who Edley and Tillmans parents were for several years. Edley, Tillman, and Thomas Jefferson Powell, had brothers Ambrose, and James B. (possibly Blair) (after his aunt's husband? makes sense). If there is anyone out there who could shed some light on this, would be most grateful. Jennifer Powell Lyons
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DianaLatimer5... 25 Apr 2002 12:51AM GMT 
MJGrider51 25 Apr 2002 2:16PM GMT 
dianalatimer 25 Apr 2002 6:32PM GMT 
MJGrider51 26 Apr 2002 3:22AM GMT 
MJGrider51 26 Apr 2002 3:59AM GMT 
e3le3 18 May 2002 2:58PM GMT 
dianalatimer 19 May 2002 10:27PM GMT 
MJGrider51 19 May 2002 11:50PM GMT 
Jennifer Powell Lyons 20 May 2002 9:55PM GMT 
June Powell Orton 3 Nov 2002 4:49AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions