Search for content in message boards

BURKE, OSBURN, OSBORN

Replies: 3

Re: BURKE, OSBURN, OSBORN

Posted: 6 May 2013 9:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burke Gantt
Darlene,
I have seen this post before and have been intrigued by it because it mentions the name Hiram. My 2x great grandfather was Hiram Burke b. 1799 in NC, d. 1882 in Ursa, Ill. He married Rebecca A. Gantt/Gaunt 1827 in Kentucky and moved to Illinois around 1835. No one knows who his parents were. The biography of one of his sons says that Hiram's father was from the "Emerald Isle". I have also read another post about a Burke who had two sons, one was named Hiram. When his wife died, the two boys went to live with a neighbor. The father married his deceased wife's sister and had another family. Meanwhile, the neighbor moved and the boys were never heard of again.

I've had my DNA tested on Ancestry hoping that it will assist in finding my Burke ancestors. I hope other Burke's will also have their DNA tested.
Your post is an old one. Have you learned anymore about Nathan's line? I have seen other posts about this family.
John Burke
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Darlene Burke 9 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT 
papaosborn144 28 Jan 2004 10:00PM GMT 
gdblab1 9 Apr 2010 1:13PM GMT 
elainecburke1 7 May 2013 3:26AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions