Search for content in message boards

Location of Wilsons in Burke County

Replies: 14

Re: Location of Wilsons in Burke County

Posted: 22 Jan 2012 9:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Kathy,
Thank you for your comments, your well needed assistance and your concerns. Through court records,census' and process' of elimination I am quite certain that I have the correct Joseph and Mary. I believe I could convince you of that, if I could show you, all the facts. BUT, alas I do not have one absolute positve identification of this. I do have a fellow researcher Ed White who has been to Morganton Library peronally ( he is researching a William M. Wilson b. about 1790 NC and d. 1930 Missouri who we believe is related to our line, again no positive proof)anyway he is much more skilled than I and I think he also believes I am on the right track. There is an overwelming amount of evidence to the positive. OK, that being I believe you are correct in stating the tax list that a Joseph Wilson you are referring to is not my Joseph. There were three Joseph Wilsons in Burke at that time periode. I do not believe my Joseph would have been on a tax list do to his age. I am going to try to get the estate papers of( Joseph Wilson 1929 )that you mentioned on Monday of this coming week.One more thing , I went back in my files which I have just begun to re-assemble after loosing my hardrive 2 & 1/2 years ago, I found in the USgenWed census 1810 all of the persons mentioned in Mary's petion to the court. They are, Joseph and Thomas Young, Isaac Cox, Charles Hopper and Daniel Brown (JP). All of these persons as you mention were close neighbors of Joseph and Mary. All were listed in the ninth and tenth regiment of Burke Co.. I am in the process trying to find the exact location of these ninth and tenth regiments based on possible land deeds of these people mentioned. I cannot locate a land deed for my Joseph and Mary. One researcher I found said that his family lived on Bucks Creek approximently 4 miles south of Cold Springs and 26 miles NW of Morganton just west of highway 181, which according to this researer was the tenth regiment. According to Dee the tenth regiment was in what is now Mitchel and Avery Cos. So another cunundrum begins. I really honestly appreciate all input from everyone.

" In God We Trust"
R1b1c7+R-M222
Bob, Michigan
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
imacuzz1 20 Jan 2012 5:12AM GMT 
KathyGunterSu... 20 Jan 2012 2:11PM GMT 
joannelibera 20 Jan 2012 2:27PM GMT 
imacuzz1 20 Jan 2012 5:05PM GMT 
KathyGunterSu... 20 Jan 2012 6:29PM GMT 
imacuzz1 20 Jan 2012 7:02PM GMT 
KathyGunterSu... 20 Jan 2012 10:35PM GMT 
imacuzz1 22 Jan 2012 4:39PM GMT