I am researching an ancestor of mine,
William Vaughn. I do not know when he was born, probably 1780-90 in North Carolina.
I have two pieces of info on him.....
Joanne Libera shared an old family record with me. It contains the names and birth dates of all of Elizabeth’s children. It is in the old style handwriting and appears to be a contemporary document probably written by John or Elizabeth or one of their children:
Memorandom (sic) of ages
1. John Vance was born September the 5 day 1796
2. Elisabeth Vaughn his wife was born September 24 day 1796
3. Alfred Vaughn was born October 25 day 1815
4. Frances Vaughn was born January 20 day 1818
5. Eleanor Vaughn was born September 24 day 1823
6. Nancy Vaughn was born June the 12 day 1824
7. Barbary Vance was born January 8 day 1828
8. William Vance was born July the 12 day 1831
9. Thomas Vance was born January the 4 day 1834
10. Flemmon Vance was born August the 12 day 1837
11. John Vance was born December the 5 day 1841
Most of the children have been found. Alfred Vaughn was deaf & dumb and moved to Cherokee (now Graham) Co., NC in the 1840’s where he married Tempy Rich (also deaf & dumb) and remained there until his death in the 1900-1910 timeframe. His sister Frances Vaughn married Samuel Carpenter. I have no record of Eleanor and Nancy Vaughn. Barbary Vance married John Johnson. William Vance married Elizabeth Franklin. Thomas Vance probably died young. Flemming Vance married Frances Matilda Daniels, and John Vance married Lilly Ann Isaacs.
from one of teh Avery County Heritage books:
Duel between John Vance and John Vaughn
Elizabeth Davis (Lizzie) was married to John Vaughn. John Vance said the duel took place between Joe Howell's Hardware store approx 100yrds below and Uncle Myron Houston's Sunnybrook Store where they now stand. They stood back to back with rifles and paced off 100 feet turned and fired. John Vaughn fell. John then married Lizzie and raised her children by Vaughn as well as their children
There is a marriage bond dated 1814 Burke County, that lists William Vaughn and Elizabeth Davis marriage, as well....
other than that, I am searching for any knowledge or further area of research.