Search for content in message boards

William Loman or Lowman

Replies: 15

lawmon-Burke County NC

duwayne (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: lowman
Trying To Find Some Information On Levi And Sara Jane Lowman Who Lived In Old Fort NC. Levi Got Killed On The Railroad Between 1885 And 1895 By A Box Car Coming Loose And Rolling Back Down The Mountain And Hitting Him Before He Could Get Away. They Had 4 or 5 Children James, Press, Timey, And I Think (Lura Or Lunny or Lunnie). Timey My Grandmother Had To Live With A Family Named Blue That Taught Her Life Skills. She Loved Them Very Much. Then Later On They Arrived In Lincoln County Where They Were Able To Be A Family Again, Because They Would Have Housing And All Would Be Able To Work At The Mill.

Sara Jane And Levi Are Buried At Mt Hebron Baptist Church In Connelly Springs Nc. I Remember As A Youth Visiting A Man By Name Of Robert Lowman And His Wife, I Think Lizzay And Their Adopted Daughter Pauline.

In The Back Of The House Was A Spring That Was In A Granit Rock That Had Been Made Little Bigger But Was A Very Small Spring. It Was Up High On The Granit Rock, A Gourd Was Hanging On A Iron Pole Beside It.

Sara Jane Later On Did Ok By Buying And Selling Land. She Was A Person That Sewed For People To Make Her Reg Income. Also Sara Maiden Name Was Houk Or Houck.

Thanks So Much If Anyone Can Help Me.

My E-mail Is Duwayne50@hotmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dotibaby 27 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
duwayne 22 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
hilljill28 10 May 2011 7:08PM GMT 
hilljill28 10 May 2011 7:04PM GMT 
hilljill28 10 May 2011 7:07PM GMT 
caregiver1994 21 Apr 2014 11:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic