Civil War letters

Replies: 13

Leonard ALLMAN & Cyrus, Preston & Caleb ALLMAN / McClellan

Posted: 2 Mar 2000 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:04AM GMT
Surnames: ALLMAN, MCCLELLAN, LINKER
Hi Ron,
I was so pleased to see the Civil War letter you posted! That's the very first letter I've seen written by a NC soldier and I really appreciated your sharing of it with everyone. I have ALLMAN cousins from Cabarrus County out there somewhere I'd love to find one of these days?

Leonard ALLMAN and Caroline LINKER ALLMAN (by the way, I have Caroline's parents as David Linker and Nancy Shore Linker) had a son named Caleb M. ALLMAN who married Texanna Sophrania "Francy" MCCLELLAN. Francy is the sister of my gg grandmother Cornelia "Neely" McCLELLAN who married David Victor "Vic" LINKER. David was the son of Eli LINKER who was killed during the Civil War. Francy and Neely had a sister Rosan Matilda "Rosannah" McCLELLAN who also married an ALLMAN... Cyrus, son of Allan and Isabella (mku) ALLMAN. Amazingly enough, yet another sister, Harriette Tirza "Tersey" McCLELLAN, married Preston ALLMAN who was a brother to Cyrus.

Anyway... what I'm wondering is whether you have any information on the family of Caleb M. and "Francy" (McClellan) ALLMAN? All I know about them is a couple of dates and that they were married. I'm also looking for the families of the other ALLMAN/MCCLELLAN ... i.e. Cyrus and Rosannah ALLMAN, and Preston and "Tersey" ALLMAN.

[Note: I can't place Allan in the ALLMAN families either!??]

THANKS for any help you might have!

Peggy Sue

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RON PENNINGER 11 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Gary Horton 22 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Cleta Terrell 7 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT 
pwilson411 2 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Jerry Coleman 24 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT 
MARY ALMON PUGH 16 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Jerry Coleman 17 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT 
jansag1 31 Aug 2007 3:36PM GMT