Search for content in message boards

Joseph Moore and Mary Farr 1795...John Farr..Morton,Mackey,Pharr

Replies: 1

Joseph Moore and Mary Farr 1795...John Farr..Morton,Mackey,Pharr

Posted: 4 Feb 2012 9:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moore, Farr, Pharr, Mackey, Morton
I'm a Moore researcher looking for info on Joseph Moore and Mary Farr married about 19 OCT 1795 Cabarrus Co., 1795--bondsman/witness was named John Farr....John Farr was also bondsman or witness to the marriage of William Morton to Margareth Farr on 26 Dec 1795 in Cabarrus Co., NC...
Any info whatsoever regarding this Joseph Moore, Mary Farr, or John Farr (e.g.parents, siblings, children, residences,etc.) could be very helpful to my research...
I wonder if/how Margareth, Mary, and John Farr are related to one another. (Farr is sometimes spelled Pharr)...
William Morton and wife Margareth Farr died in the 1850's in Blount Co., TN.
My ancestor, John L. Moore, was reportedly born about 1809 in Carter Co., TN. Later, he lived near the Mortons in Blount Co., TN. In addition, Wm & Margareth Morton's son, William Morton (b. about 1800)married Nancy Mackey (John L. Moore's sister-in-law.).Another sister-in-law, namely Harriet Mackey, married David Farr in 1820 in Blount Co., TN...
Some researchers suspect that a William or Joseph Moore and possibly Mary Farr were the parents of John L. Moore but I have not seen evidence of his parents. Therefore, any info you could share re: Joseph Moore and Mary Farr might be a hint for my further research. Furthermore, if you think I can be of any assistance to your research plz feel free to reply.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
omarcella 4 Feb 2012 4:22PM GMT 
lwhayer 5 Feb 2012 8:02PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions