Search for content in message boards

John Sides, died about 1839

Replies: 0

John Sides, died about 1839

Posted: 8 Sep 2012 9:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Sep 2012 9:17AM GMT
Surnames: Sides, Moose, House, Shuping, Fink, Harris
I am trying to untangle the family relationships of John Sides, d. 1840, Cabarrus. I found his estate papers on family search

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VKJM-65D

The administrator is David Moose, who was my husband’s ggg grandfather, married to Rachel Sides, probably John’s sister. But the family members I have in my paf files (inherited from my mother-in-law) do not correspond with the names listed on the estate papers.

The papers tell the sheriff of Rowan to make known to Nelson Sides, George House and Lydia his wife (Lydia Sides?) David Shuping and Leah (Leah Sides) his wife to appear before court in the matter of the land descended to them from John Sides which was to be sold to satisfy a claim against it.

The next page lists Moses Fink and Katharine his wife (Catherine Sides) Richard Harris guardian (pendent lite – temporary) of Mathias Tobias Wilie Sophia Daniel Simion Moses & other Sides infants, heirs at law of John Sides decd.

Does any one know anything about these families?

The children of John Sides and Rachel (no last name) in my mother-in-law's files (no documentation) include: Letty b. 1819; Mathias b. 1821; Levi b. 1829; Esther Linda b. 1839; and Daniel Simeon, b. 1841 (obviously date of birth error since John's death was before 1840).

Thanks for your help.

Find a board about a specific topic