Search for content in message boards

Kirby Mt Rd and Kirby Creek - Caldwell Co. NC

Replies: 8

Re: Kirby Mt Rd and Kirby Creek - Caldwell Co. NC

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 11:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Greenfield, Kirby, Kerby, Merryman, Smith
Hello davenmarti,

I don't think your Kirby ancestors are related to the Kirby's that are named for the Kirby Mt. Rd. and Kirby Creek in the Patterson Township of Caldwell County, North Carolina. The Kirby's that I am related to are named after this area in the northern part of Caldwell County, North Carolina. My ancestor John Kirby/Kerby was born in 1770 and died between 1850-1860 in Caldwell County, North Carolina. He had a son who was named Enoch Kirby/Kerby. It is believed that Enoch and possibly his father are buried at the old Nelson Burial Ground which is now present Nelson's Chapel Baptist Church Cemetery. This church is located off of the Kirby Mt. Road in the Patterson Township of Caldwell County, North Carolina. Enoch Kirby/Kerby was married first to a woman named Susan. I do know know what her maiden name was before she married him. Then after she died Enoch remarried a second time to Rachel (Greenfield) Merryman. Rachel's maiden name was Greenfield before she was married to an unknown Merryman and then she remarried a second time to Enoch Kirby/Kerby. Rachel Kirby is buried at Nelson's Chapel Baptist Church Cemetery with a flat marked stone. I was told that John Kirby/Kerby had a sister named Sarah Kirby/Kerby who was married to a unknown Lewis and that in John's will he left everything to Sarah and her children. John's wife was Cynthia Smith who was a daughter of Solomon Smith. John, Cynthia and Enoch's wills can all be found on the FamilySearch.org website. You may want to check that website out to see if you can find anything out about your Kirby ancestors. It has been very helpful to me over the years. They even have death records that you can print off from your house without having to pay for them at the Register of Deeds office. Well here's to happy hunting and hopefully you can find more information on your Kirby ancestors. Good luck.

Michael J. Pennell
powerpennell21@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
K. Kirby 17 Aug 2006 10:12PM GMT 
Barbara 3 Sep 2006 8:01PM GMT 
Michael Jay Pennell 15 Sep 2006 6:09AM GMT 
K. Kirby 16 Sep 2006 8:31PM GMT 
davenmarti 15 Jan 2013 7:32AM GMT 
powerpennell3... 18 Feb 2013 6:58AM GMT 
buckshi 8 Nov 2007 5:54AM GMT 
shuler541 8 Nov 2007 1:43PM GMT 
buckshi 9 Nov 2007 1:39AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions