Search for content in message boards

Jacob Needham of Camden North Carolina & Family

Replies: 1

Re: Jacob Needham of Camden North Carolina & Family

Posted: 20 Aug 2011 2:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
The Family Research Society of Northeastern NC would love to have a copy of the Bible records for Jacob and his family. You can email it to me at frsnnc2@hotmail.com or mail it to FRS PO Box 1425 Elizabeth City NC 27906-1425.

I'm not related to the Needhams, but I can give you some info from Camden books.....your John b 1811 married Ann Eliza Leary on 22 Dec 1875 in Shiloh. John listed his parents as Bailey & Dinah Needham (I abstracted the marriages for a marriage book so the info is from the license). He listed his age as 64 and Ann Eliza was 26. She was the dau of John and Susan Leary.
When Ferebee married Sarah Cartwight 6 Sep 1853 the marriage bond did not require parents or ages - so there isn't any. Susan Bray age 50 married Mark Gregory 22 Dec 1887 in Shiloh. He was 40 the son of Nathan and Meddy. Her parents were only listed as Bailey Needham so it was obviously a second marriage for her. All marriages records didn't survive for Camden County.

Dinah Needham, wife of Bailey, was listed as the heir of Daniel Bray in a deed division in 1828 DB T:155-156 - relationship not listd of course. Other heirs in that same deed division were Polly Bray, Hester Bray, Lydia Bray, Betsey (wife of Frederick Kenedy), Nancy (wife of Nicholas Burgess) and Jacob Harrison. This info is from the book "Kinsfolk of Camden County Vol 1"

Sharon Gable
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
brneyegr 20 Jul 2011 12:31AM GMT 
reagable 20 Aug 2011 8:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions