Search for content in message boards

Bragg's From Portsmouth Island, NC

Replies: 25

Re: Bragg's From Portsmouth Island, NC

Posted: 17 Jun 2012 8:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Joyce - I am the initial poster of this thread (kogirl). I also responded to the 2nd query on this thread but never got a response from that gentleman. Robert was indeed Caroline's son, but I am not aware of an Albert Bragg, only Alfred Bragg who would have been Robert's brother. I am Hettie's, Robert's sister, great great granddaughter. My Mom remembers Robert as she called him Uncle Bob and his wife was Mamie. I also could not find who was the father of Caroline's children. So it is interesting that you say Elizabeth's death certificate says her name was Carson. That maybe the link I have been searching for since I lost her after a census in the 1900's. Also that a William Bragg may have been the father of her children. But Caroline's maiden name was also Bragg as she was the daughter of Nathaniel and Nancy Tolson Bragg. I do believe that Caroline also had a twin sister whose name was also Elizabeth. It always amazed me that each generation used the same names over and over. Hard to keep them all straight. I have more information regarding the family and maybe we can tie more of this together. The other Joyce(Ryley) is my cousin as her grandfather was Albert Bragg. My grandmother use to call him Papa even though he was her Uncle and my mother called him Uncle as well.

Joyce I just found this message you posted and I had already responded to the one I saw you sent Joyce Ryley. Yes we are related, my grandmother was Florence and my Mom is Helen. She is still living and is 86 yrs old. She remember your grandfather and his wife very well. They lived in New Bern for a long time, I even have some of the census's showing them, then they moved to VA. Mom even said they went there to visit them. I also believe my Aunt Hazel met some of your family there many years back when her daughter lived in VA. You can contact me at rainierNBNC48@embarqmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Judy Rainier 30 Jul 2004 2:45AM GMT 
Joyce Fulcher Ryley 11 Aug 2004 3:26AM GMT 
jryleyjr1 15 Feb 2005 8:11PM GMT 
JoRyley 7 Jun 2008 4:34AM GMT 
JoyceBraggCos... 28 May 2012 9:43PM GMT 
rainierNBNC48 18 Jun 2012 2:36AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic